Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a silverware set service. 1847 Bros. IS Remembrance,

Customer Question

I have a silverware set service for 12 . 1847 Rogers Bros. IS Remembrance, and some pieces are marked Wm Rogers with a star
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Are there any serving pieces with the set? If so which pieces are included?

Thanks,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I wish I could send a pic. It's on my phone
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem at all.

Your Silver-plated flatware would have been originally released in 1948 and produced using the Rogers Bros. marking under the auspices of the International Silver Company in Meriden, CT.

In excellent condition your silver-plated flatware the Remembrance pattern would have a retail shop value of 60-65USD per place setting.

In the current market silver-plate has taken a bit of a dive as far as the resale market goes with more an more people turning to stainless that doesn't require any kind of polishing.

If you were to attempt to sell the flatware yourself a realistic fair market value would be closer to 25-30USD per place setting assuming there are no dents, dings, or damages to the flatware.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage flatware set.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,I wanted to follow up with you on your question. I hope the information I left for you was helpful in your research.If you can accept my answer and leave feedback for my service it would be very much appreciated, as this is how I am credited for my time with the company.If you have any future questions, I would be happy to help with any antiques or collectibles you may need information for. Thank you for your time,

Frank