rusufdavi
rusufdavi, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques and collectibles
73504548

I had boughten a house a few years ago and with it came a

Customer Question

I had boughten a house a few years ago and with it came a couple old pictures on the walls down stairs and the other day someone told me that they were very rare...I have 2 original emily Carr paintings still in old wood frames... And they are not prints...if
I touch the painting it comes off on my hands.... What would be the estamayed value of these
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they are worth money am I entitled to it since I bought the house that they were found in
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

Could you provide a picture of the paintings and their size?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are 8x10 pictures.. and photos I can't get rite now they are in storage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but one of them is a painting of totem poles 3 of them in a little town and they have little guys on the tops of the poles
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Regarding the value of your item, I have just perform a market research of similar sold items as yours. I performed the research based upon the most recent finished auctions and private sells, so the value given is the real market value of your item. This is the only way to know the exact value of your unit.

The value will be in the range of-for an original Emily Carr painting- 1million$ each. Saying this, I really doubt that they are genuine, original paintings, more likely they are reproductions. However, I would recommend checking this and going to an appraiser in person to inspect the paintings. If you can provide your city or postal code, I can search for the nearest appraiser in your area.

Please, use the stars to rate my answer or let me know if I can help you any further!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nanaimo bc
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

This is the only one that I could find near your area:

Finlay Fine Art Wealth Management
Adresse:***** Vancouver, BC V6B 2B2, Kanada
6-0-4-2-1-9-4-0-9-0

Please, your rating is required to finish. Kindly use the star system located upwards to rate my answer!

Thanks

Expert:  rusufdavi replied 1 year ago.

Thanks