Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Do you know anything regarding a moraccan antique wooden

Customer Question

do you know anything regarding a moraccan antique wooden chest with wooden wheels, copper or brass designing on the front and sides along witj metal straps across the top. It was used for holding a dowry. I found one like it online, but not a lot of information.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a picture which is close to the one I have. I can get cleaner pictures of my actual box. I would also be looking for a buyer.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

The chest that you show is actually Indian circa 1890-1910 with very few exceptions chests with wheels are mostly Asian. These are selling for $600-800 at auction. Here is a link to one that is similar for sale in the UK http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brown-brass-gold-antique-style-Indian-chest-on-wheels-blanket-box-storage-trunk-/221705960073

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,