Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have a collection of miniature Persian art, mostly in

Customer Question

I have a collection of miniature Persian art, mostly in Khatami frames. They are all sizes but the one I am most interested in is a 15X19 inch painting that resembles bone or ivory.I currently have it in a new khatami frame. I have personally owned the painting for over 50 years and have had several Persian friends tell me that it is priceless. I don't know if it is or they were just trying to make me feel good. I have looked in the local area (OKLA) for an appraiser but have only found appraisers for rugs. and I have already disposed of those. I do have Persian jewelry, Large trays both with legs and for wall hanging and American glass by Blenko and Pilgrim.Pictures are available. any assistance on appraisals and also disposal of any of the items would be apreciated.My primary question however is about the 15X19 painting. Thank you very much in advance. Polly Koskie ***@******.*** Moore, Okla.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Polly my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Let us start with the 15 x 19 painting. Please send me clear images of the painting and any history you know about the piece. Such as how you acquired it and what you were told at the time. You can use the paperclip icon found on the tool bar to attach them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim
I need some help. I have tried twice to attach files the picture files with more information. On this sight you do not have the "paperclip" icon as on a traditional email, instead you have a "+ Add files" icon that is not responding. I have tried copy and paste and that is not working either. If you could I would appreciate an Email address so I can send this information to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Tim
In early 1950 Ali Akbar Sadeghi was the first Persian student to attend Central State College (now University Of Central Oklahoma) in Edmond, Ok.
Aki, as we called him, was married and his wife and two daughters were in Iran while he was here in school. My husband and I became close friends and eventually he, while in college, stayed with us.
The long story would include our introduction to other Persians, both Muslim and Baha'i, who became life long friends.
After completing his education he went back to Iran and ended up becoming the head administrator over all the hospitals in the Southern Iran region. He later (mid 1960's) sent his two daughters to stay with us to go to high school and college.
Prior to his return home he had this art shipped from Iran and gave it to us. It wasn't the first gift he gave us from Iran or the last but said it was very special.
Over the last sixty five years we have accumulated many art and jewelry items that we need appraised. The 17"x19" piece, we've been recently told by other Persian friends, is very valuable and the technique is rare and a "lost art". We have no idea of the age or value. I have also included pictures of some similar pieces you might know or be able to find out about. p01 - p07 and p14 are of the picture we are requesting information. P08 - P13 are other pieces and P15 is of the group.
Thanks
Polly

Polly, Thank you for the image. I have looked at the piece and read your history. Based on the style and type of the piece. The value range is $200.00 to $500.00. To be sure I suggest you have a local appraiser look at this piece and the rest of the collection. I am giving you a list of qualified appraisers in your area.

Matthew McNeil,

(###) ###-####(Office)

3128 NW 26
Oklahoma City, OK 73107

Website
http://www.EdmondEstateSales.com

Lottie M. Stevens

(###) ###-####(Mobile)(###) ###-####(Home)

920 South Canton
Tulsa, OK 74112 , United States

Website
http://www.salesbylottie.com/

Laura A. Nelson

(###) ###-####(Office)

PO Box 4737
Tulsa, OK 74159 , United States

One of these should be able to help you or put you in touch with local specialists.