Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a large 24" blue glazed "vase" that is over 60 years

Customer Question

I have a large 24" blue glazed "vase" that is over 60 years old. It has no markings on the bottom. The glaze varies in tint with some white mixed in mostly around the top, it is glazed inside & out. It has the apperance of hand thrown pottery. Can you give me any leads on when or where it could have been made or value ?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been waiting for 2 days, according to your instructions :"Experts are reviewing your question. You'll get a response here, by email, and by text message - often in 10 minutes or less and always within a day." I am about to ask for a refund
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. DO NOT RATE, WHEN INFO IS BEING GATHERED.!
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

Is the pot marked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is not marked
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.x
.x
.x

The piece is a Hand Thrown Pottery Piece of Art, if it is not marked there is no way to know who made it where, or when. From experience of this type, I can tell you it looks to be from the mid 20thC, it was more then likely thrown in an private pottery studio, and would have been sold in an Art Guild Store, or private Gallery. I can value this for you, if you like.