rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a dish with 2 handles color light taffy or dark crème

Customer Question

I have a dish with 2 handles color light taffy or dark crème mark on bottom circle with ALACITE AND UNDERNEITH ALADDIN INTERAR DIMENTION 9" with some sort of flower with 4 rings around it HELP please!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Is bowl similar to this?

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

If that is your bowl, then it is Alacite glass made by Aladdin, who mostly made lamps. Alacite glass is well known and appreciated by collectors. This glass, developed by Henry Hellmers, was made from 1939 to 1952. The color of Alacite is pure ivory but changes in tone and purity depending on when made. Alacite glass before the War contained uranium as a coloring agent (you can check this by using a black light on it, uranium will glow). If the bowl glows, then it was made 1939-1945 and is worth $100.00. If it does not glow, then it was made between 1945 to 1952 and is worth $60.00.

Please click the stars to rate and to close the question. The site only compensates me if the answer has an excellent rating. Thank you.