Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.
48688175

I have a Authentic Nightwatch Lamp from Calverack NY It has

Customer Question

I have a Authentic Nightwatch Lamp from Calverack NY It has an Authentic 1800's Seaman Flint Lock Pistol mounted with the firing pin And the "Crown Stamp"
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is Diana.

Please keep in mind that even though a rating box may pop up, there's no need to rate me until I give you an answer.

I was wondering if you'd still like help with your lamp?

~Diana

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid thru credit card...
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.

Hi.

Great. I'll be glad to help. I apologize for any wait. It depends on a number of factors, such as what experts are working and what expertise they have when a question comes in. Many experts aren't on here all day or even every day, so depending on the item in question, it may have a bit of a longer wait. Most experts generally won't pick up or respond to questions that are out of their expertise.

The Nightwatch Lamp Co. was founded in the early 1970s. Though their production dwindled down to nothing in the later part of the 20th century, the company didn't fully close down until 2003.

Most don't actually have any antique parts on them. They're made mostly with replicated pieces that are aged to look antique and authentic. Most feature a sort of theme, like colonial, military, automotive, etc. So you'll find lanterns, guns, powder horns, even tools, license plates and musical instruments can be found on them.

The lamps were often made out of a wood carved base and then molded, casted or refinished parts would be added to give it the design. One neat thing is that even if you find the exact same lamp, each one is actually a little bit unique. Another version of yours even came with an old barrel.

Your lamp looks to be in really good shape. Aside from a little bit of dust, it looks just about perfect. It should be worth about $250 to $300.

Prices will vary a bit depending on exact condition and where you try to sell it. Online markets (like Ebay) and garage sales tend to go for far less than the actual value.
.
Etsy is turning out to be a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores, but they generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers.
http://www.bonanza.com, GoAntiques and Artfire are great up and coming sites as well. Etsy would be great for something like this and it has some of lowest listing rates right now.
.
You might check out the consignment cost with any local antique shops, especially if you have any higher end shops near you. Some places charge about 25% to 30% of final sell price, but in dealing local you generally have less competition. It's always worth checking out.
.
Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.
That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
.
I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.
Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.
.
When you get the survey in email please consider filling it out. These ratings should be based on my professionalism and courteousness to the customer. I am not responsible for any issues with the site or any values that are not as high as expected. I cannot control either one. Thank you so much!
.
If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
Have a great weekend.
~Diana