Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Original signed and dated Uzilevsky painting and

Customer Question

I have a Original signed and dated Marcus Uzilevsky painting and wanted to know the value of it. Also, the best venue for selling it. It is Book of Esther Coralisian Cascade.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
I noted your other question about this piece was described as a numbered piece. This means it is a print. This time you describe your as an original.
It may be a giclee print which looks very much like an original.
See -
What is a Giclée?
Giclée (zhee-clay) n. 1. A method of fine art and photographic printmaking. 2. Most often associated with reproductions, a giclée is a print or multiple copy of an original work of art that was created by conventional means (painting, drawing, etc.) and then reproduced digitally via inkjet printing methods. In the case of digitally created artwork or photographs printed in this manner, each print can be considered an original, since nothing was copied to create the image. What distinguishes a giclée from other inkjet prints is that it must be printed using pigmented inks and onto museum-quality, archival fine art paper or canvas.
Let me know what you think you have.
Kind regards,
Doris