Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an antique tribal bird figurine as well as an antique

Customer Question

Hello, I have an antique tribal bird figurine as well as an antique painted tribal bull's head and I would like to know their price value if possible. Thanks!
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello??
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Are these authentic, if so what age are they? If replica what age are they?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would have no idea. That is why we contacted an expert.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you do not know if they are authentic or replica's you will need to take these to an appraiser so they can look at them in person, there is no way to tell if they are authentic online. Online is very limited since we cannot look at the items in person, so authentication has to be done in person. I can help you find an appraiser you can take it to in your area or close to you. You can take this to them to see if it is in fact authentic and an estimated value.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can find an appraiser. Yet we have had other appraisers on this site review items and tell us their thoughts. Thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Yes, I can see the questions that you have asked. I also have reviewed items and given values. If an age is in doubt, that will effect the value of an item, such as this could. They should always be looked at in person to determine the correct age. There is no way to determine how old an item is based on a picture, not when it is something like this that could be made out of Resin, or composite material. I can give values based on the fact that the customer knows they are real or replica.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are carved so not a resin. I understand
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The Head is not carved though right? It appears to be a real head. Before your images for the bird was not showing up but, I can see it now, and it appears to be authentic. What size is the bird?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are more pictures and measurements
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing here.