rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a silver teapot and creamer with the name Olga

Customer Question

I have a silver teapot and creamer with the name Olga inscribed on both can you give me any information about the items
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a photo of the creamer and any marks on the bottom of one piece. Olga is a monogram of someone that owned the piece and does not give any indication of maker or age of the piece. There should be marks on the bottom or side of the pot and those will be symbols if European and words and logos if American. If it is Sterling, you will see STERLING or 925 and if it is European sterling, you will see animal symbols and duty marks along with letter date codes. I really need to see pictures to decipher what it is that you have.

You can add photos by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. (please do not use a flash and back up a bit to get clear pics of the marks)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there additional cost if I have more questions there are markings near the handles small circular (2) ones and on bottom an animal looks like dog or lion
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I need you to add a picture of that mark that you described in order to determine the age and country.

I do not deal with any of the billing. It is just important to have each item in a separate question because it keeps things organized, eliminates confusion for both of us, and keeps the question from going on and on with new items (questions will 'time-out' after a few days if they go on and on). So, for many different reasons, it is good to keep things separated.