Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

My dad bought an oil painting in 1958 from Marguerite

Customer Question

My dad bought an oil painting in 1958 from Marguerite Pearson from an art gallery for $150. There are typed letters on her letterhead during the time of purchase and shipping to him in Dayton.
It is "Flowers in a Green Bowl" and one letter stated if sold, she had a painting of the green bowl with phlox and petunias, and one of various autumn flowers. We are keeping this in the family as it has hung over the fireplace with picture light for 50 years. What is the worth on this piece of art?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want free trial and afraid I have let my personal info out. Will my credit card number be destroyed after this transaction and how will I know. My husband won't like this. I have a picture of the painting.
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Julia, my name is***** you for your question. Any questions about billing have to be addressed to customer service. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/143

I can help you with your question about Marguerite Pearson. If you can send me images of the painting and the signature, I will try to value the painting for you. Images can be attached using the paperclip icon found on the tool bar.