Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My in-laws were married in December of 1941. My sweet

Customer Question

My in-laws were married in December of 1941. My sweet Mother-in-law died this May and we have just come from CO Springs with many family treasures. I am enthralled with the wonderous wedding gifts that they received, all so elegant and out of place in our kitchen. One thing that intrigued me was a boxed set of beautiful small seashells each of which had a hand painted little face of a petunia all done in a variety of beautiful pastel colors. We were trying to figure out what they were used for. In my humble opinion, I thought they must have been used for dinner parties, for appetizers for hors d'ouerves. Do you have any clue as to what they are or were used for? They are exquisite!!
Also my father in law was a Captain in the Army Air Corps. He flew the India-Burma-China Hump but did talk to his children about it . My husband is retired US Aemy with 24 years active duty and two tours of duty in Vietnam. When his Daddy died in 1973, my husband was in dress blues and the flag was presented to him. Years passed, we had a very patriotic daughter who is fascinated with everything about her Grandpa who died a year before she was born. She now has his funeral flag, his chit, the beautiful silk flag that pilots in that theater carried in many languages declaring themselves Americans. We just found to our delight his log books while in training and as an instructor in Sweetwater, TEXAS. Best of all, we found an 8X10 B&W photo of him all decked out in flight suit and scarf around his neck. We would never sell his Dad's legacy, but we are curious if there are any Hump pilots still alive and if they have reunions. Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
We do one item per question if you would like to use the shells for this one I can help you with that if you like. The question about the Hump Pilots will need to be posted in the General Research Category on the site, they can do the research needed to find out about that for you.
Glenda