Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have several old piano babies that appear to be original

Customer Question

I have several old piano babies that appear to be original Huebach babies. They are about 10 - 12 inches in height and length and are dressed in pastels. No wear or damage, have all fingers and toes. There are however no markings. I was told if the doll has a hole in the bottom it is a Japanese reproduction. How do I know if it is Huebach or an imitation. This company appears to be the most prolific. The prices on e-bay range from 50 - 500 dollars. Help??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here.
At your convenience, please choose one and send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get photos as they are not in my possession. Please cancel this request at no charge
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.
I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora