Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

C G Quartzex Punch set with handles. Made in Japan, Stardust

Customer Question

C G Quartzex Punch set with handles. Made in Japan, Stardust pattern. It is this set worth getting appraisal?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
The attached image is not showing. At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see these pics?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you - I can see the images.
How many cups are with your set?
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All 12
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The glasses look to be hand made
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Re you still there?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience.
On today's market, expect to garner a high of $100 - $150 for your vintage Quartzex stardust pattern punch bowl set in original box.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh well, thought I had something rare because they only made this pattern in 1950(is this correct?) And Replacements, LTD have never got any. Is quartzex real crystal?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Crystal has a minimum of 24% lead content whereas glass does not have lead in its mixture.
Does the original box mention lead content? If not, it is cut glass and not crystal.
Sincerely,
Nora