Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Have a what I believe to be a carved wooded cedar chest.

Customer Question

Have a what I believe to be a carved wooded cedar chest. Asian in origin. (Chinese or Japanese ) Can I send pictures?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean ( plus Add ? )
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
There may be a button that says "+Add Files".
If you do not see that button, paperclip icon.
Or follow the steps in this link:
follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sending additional pics. Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Would you give me some idea of when you will have an answer for me? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me Nora. XXXXXX XXXXXXXX James XXXXXXX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like a new Expert please.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. DO NOT RATE, WHEN INFO IS BEING GATHERED.!

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

I was asked to take a look at this question for you.

.

You have a Vintage Camphor Chest, Chinese in Origin, Hand Carved Camphor Wood circa: 1920-30's, Can you tell me what size this is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Approx. 42" wide X 22" deep X 24" high. This does not include the protrusion of the two handles at either end. Thank you Eddie B.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Eddie,

Thank you for the information.

Your question is now answered, you can now rate this by click one of the top stars! Thank you.

.

The Vintage Camphor Wood Chest, Chinese in origin, Hand Carved, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.

Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.

You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you so much!
Glenda