Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a M. 's Loops and Swift Horses (1916) painting on

Customer Question

I have a Charles M. Russell's Loops and Swift Horses (1916) painting on canvas. It has wood framing.. There is a C Russell 1916 with an outline of a cow on a "C" in a circle in the lower lefthand corner. Any value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more, larger size photos; the one attached here is only opening to miniature, thumbnail size.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
42x28
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the dimensions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are three photos.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
You have a vintage, later 20th century, framed color printed reproduction of the ***** ***** painting entitled Loops and Swift Horses are Surer than Lead that was completed in 1916. It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.
The one and only original is now part of the Amon Carter Museum of Art. Here is a link for you to their catalog entry of this being in their collection inventory:
http://www.cartermuseum.org/imu/acm/#imu[browse=enarratives.4433]
The museum also sells reproductions of this image:
http://www.cartermuseum.org/shop/products/reproductions/loops-and-swift-horses-are-surer-than-lead
On today's market, this 28" x 42" framed decorative wall art image of a ***** ***** painting could sell for a high of $150 - $250. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $300.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. The velvet tapestry question is still unrated, and I would really appreciate it if you could please leave a rating for my services.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora