Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have 50 of the Little Leather Library books in almost

Customer Question

I have 50 of the Little Leather Library books in almost perfect condition that I want to sell. They range from 1919 to 1924. But I don't know their worth or where to sell them at. Some of the books include dantes inferno vol 1 and 2, Dr jekyl and Mr hyde, the rubaiyat of Omar khayyam, the raven and other poems, snowbound and other poems, a child's garden of verses, memories of president lincoln, Christ in flanders, the holy grail, Sherlock Holmes, the ancient mariner, sonnets from the Portuguese, a midsummer night's dream, speeches and letters by ***** *****,And the tempest just to name a few.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
If you see a rate me message and I have not given you an answer With the value you are not to rate anything.
Again, ignore any rate me messages until you see my answer with the value.
Who is the publisher of your set? The name should be on one of the front pages of each book.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says little leather library corporation new york
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With a sort of stamp on the back saying the same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you think?
They were all printed by the same firm.
My research indicates your 50 volume set of the Little library of books printed 1919-1924 by the Little Leather Library Corporation of New York has retail vintage book store estimated value of $750 assuming excellent condition.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.
Kind regards.
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I find a retail store that would pay that
No retail store will pay you retail price. They need to buy at 40-60% of the retail value to make a profit.
If you would like to sell closer to retail , some ideas are:
The internet has you largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.
Etsy.com - no or small fees
Artfire.com
Goantiques.com - more upscale fee based
Rubylane.com - more upscale fee based
Tias.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA
cyberattic.com
collectoronline.com
collect.com
trocadero.com
I wish I had an answer of a store that would buy at retail immediately from you.
They just do not exist.
Please consider giving me a positive rating. It is the only way I am compensated by Just Answer for my work.
You should see five stars or five happy faces with my answer. This is where you rate me. Rating me a positive
does not cost you any extra.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much would you suggest I sell on etsy for them all?
I would list them at "retail." Then if someone wants to negotiate price with you, they will contact you.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok real quick, I just counted and I have 81 of them. What would I set retail for that and ill give you a good rating.
Wow! What a difference!
Let me take a look again.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya i know I was so surprised! They say Redford edition on the back too I think?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know they only did 101 books like this too!
Individual volumes go for $12-15 each. I'll let you do the math as you may have miscalculated.
Also, you may have customers who want to buy just a few but not all.
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found 8 more!
I thought you might find more. That is why I gave the price per book - $12-15.
I will let you do the calculations once you find all of them if you want to sell them as a set.
Please do not forget my need for a positive rating. It is the only way I am compensated by JA for my time.
Kind regards,
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris