Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two water colors by the same artist, one of which is

Customer Question

I have two water colors by the same artist, one of which is signed "Somerset". An old lady in Riverton MD had sold a collection of her late son's work to a NYC art dealer and told my mother to take a couple for herself. She selected two still life's. I have been unable to find out anything about the artist.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
If her son did not become famous then you would not find any information on him, the only one's who are found are famous or have had their work sold and recorded somewhere. This does not mean they are not worth something, if you would like to send images of these they can be valued.
Glenda