Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I was gifted a book printed 1915 1915 International

Customer Question

I was gifted a book printed 1915 for the 1915 International Exposition in San Francisco called The Sculpture and Mural Decorations of the Exposition (a one time print) by A Stirling Calder of Calder Publishing which is no longer in business but maintains a web site.
This is a special year in SF; it's the 100th anniversary of this exposition in which the marvelous Ferry Building on Fisherman's Warf was built to show the marvelous exhibits from around the world..
It has been impossible to find for appraisal or sale (no comps) as no one seems to have it for sale; but it is mentioned in Calders Web page.
Can you help me find the hard cover with cover with individual pictures of the special arts put on display that year? I have a mint condition book with book cover I'd like to sell to someone living in SF area who would enjoy having it.
Thank you.
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of the book you may be able to send for further condition evaluation?

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Frank, Sorry, I'm not pc literate enough to send pictures.

Thanks for your time.

linda mcintosh

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hey Linda,

That is quite alright. I would be happy to work with you based on a description. Can you tell me any more about the book's current condition?

Thanks,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Frank, why do you need the condition of the book if you have not found it?

linda

plus charge me $47 for no service whatsoever?

linda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

book is in excellent condition.

book cover is ragged around the edges; I've taken off and stored with book.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello Linda,

I'm going to opt out of your question and see if any of our other experts can help you with your book.

Have a great week,

Frank

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising antiques and collectibles since 1970. This is

"The Sculpture and Mural Decorations of the Exposition: A Pictorial Survey of the Art of the Panama-Pacific International Exposition". You have the original dust cover and is described as excellent condition. Your book would sell for $150-200 at auction and Insurance value is $300. Here is a link to one that is in rough condition for $25 just to show you that I am talking about the same book. http://www.biblio.com/book/sculpture-mural-decorations-exposition-pictorial-survey/d/752932984?aid=frg&utm_source=google&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=feed-details&gclid=CPa6pJ7TiMgCFQoRHwodF-wLMQ

Thank you,