Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

We have Victorian (?) era painting/prints signed by E. Bauer

Customer Question

We have Victorian (?) era painting/prints signed by E. Bauer and are trying to determine value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a photo of the piece, the back, and signature close up. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I have not found a match of this piece for you. I sincerely ***** ***** this signature is not familiar to me or in my databases as a listed artist. I will opt-pot and allow another expert to step in and answer in my sted.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
Your painting is from the 3rd quarter of the 20th century. It can be attributed to the German artist Willi Bauer who was born in 1923. Willi Bauer signs the first initial of his first name to paintings and they look like an indistinct E.
The woman in the painting is a study of, or influenced by, the 16th century German Renaissance painter’s workshop of Lucas Cranach the Elder. It is typical for painters to emulate the style of past Masters.
On today’s market, your painting would carry an average auction estimate of $500 - $700. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1500.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora