Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an Joven Obicon Lithograph 111/500 with what appears

Customer Question

I have an Joven Obicon Lithograph 111/500 with what appears to be five men in a row dancing. Don't know title or value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. I own 3 original Obican paintings myself that hung in my room as a baby.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will send you better pictures soon. I am going to send a few I already took and more later. The size is 28 1/2 x 22. With the frame the size is 40 1/2 x 30.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I don't hear from someone soon I would like a refund of $24. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just read the terrible reviews on the internet about Just Answer. I would like an answer by 5:00 Monday, August 31 or refund my $24. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Time has passed with no answer so I expect a $24 refund immediately.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay, I was offline for several weeks. Your signed limited edition print by Jovan Obican would sell for a high of $200 - $300 on today's market.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is name of the work?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi~

The vast majority of paintings are untitled. If this were to be offered in an auction, the catalogue would label the painting by its descriptor, Men in Folk Ladder Dance.

To put painting titles in perspective for you. The Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci was never named such by the artist himself. An art critic, Vasari, gave it the name when the painting was already about 100 years old and it stuck since then.

Sincerely,

Nora