Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a copper etching from at least 40 years ago. The back

Customer Question

I have a copper etching from at least 40 years ago. The back is written in Russian and after interpreting part of it, I have found that it is called "Hunting with Golden Eagle" which is a reference to Kazakhs living in Mongolia who hunt red foxes while holding trained golden eagles as they ride on horseback. It is obvious from the etching that this is what it is. My question is, the artist who did this is named (after interpreting the Russian spelling) Valery Tchkalov. The only person I can find with that name is ***** ***** famous pilot from Russia who was the first to fly over the North Pole. He is as famous in Russian as Lindbergh and Chuck Yeager combined. He did this in the 30's and was killed in a test pilot flight during that decade. Is there a way of finding out if he actually did this. He certainly (due to his piloting) could have been to Mongolia to see this first hand (he was also a rebellious "Top Gun" type who would have loved the sport. Thanks for any help. Seems impossible to find out.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send more photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora