Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

A. Makk serigraph painting stage coach at the store

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
If you see a rate me message and I have not given you an answer With the value you are not to rate anything.
Again, ignore any rate me messages until you see my answer with the value.
What is the size of your serigraph?
What is the subject matter/title of your serigraph?
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Size about 40x50".
Subject is a stagecoach with horses parked in front of a building with store and saloon on bottom and bank and hotel on top.
A winter scene.
Signed
Amerigo Makk (born 1927 )
"A painter of Old West, frontier genre in Impressionist style, Americo Makk was born in Hungary and moved to Honolulu, Hawaii in 1967. He used books and museums for initial research of his subject matter and then visited Indian reservations and western towns for first-hand observation. He has also done portraits, including one of President Jimmy Carter that was presented to the White House by the President of Hawaii.
He studied at the Hungarian National Academy in Budapest and won a scholarship to Rome, where he won the Vatican Portrait Award. He and his wife, Eva Lolusa were both appointed Professors at the Academy de Bellas Artes in Sao Paulo, Brazil. There they became official artists of the Brazilian government.
In 1962, they came to New York City to escape Brazil's political instability. He began his western theme painting when the Los Angeles Museum sent him to sketch ranches in California, a subject he also pursued in Texas."
My research indicates that your very large 40 x 50" signed Amerigo
Makk serigraph has a retail art gallery estimated value of $8960.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.
Kind regards.
Doris
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris