rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a china cabinet that i am trying to date and

Customer Question

I have a china cabinet that i am trying to date and appraise, but cant find any info or pictures that quite match my piece. i sure it is handmade and each piece is one of a kind. yet each one i find that has even ANY resemblance, is only by a only one small part matching; i found ones that were dark cherry and have the exact french, brass drawer pulls, but the size, shape and detailing are completely different, or i find one same cherry wood, and the shape and detailing match, etc. if have only two things that may hep reference anything, each french drawer pull has its own 4 digit number engraved on the back, and i have located several sites that state they are brass and date in the mid to late 1800s, and then stenciled on the back in block letters is "21 CHINA", and upon inspecting the dovetails, they appear to each vary just a little, in a hand made piece rather than a machined one.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hope my previous message made enough sense for you to understand. i apologize for the grammar being a little puzzling, as my phone sometimes makes last minute auto correct choices when sending messages.
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a photo of the piece and the 21 China mark. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer and don't work with smart phones.
You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FOR RAREWARES IN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.