Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers
57035021

I HAVE ABOUT 25 PIECES OF SMALL ROSEVILLE POTTERY AND VAN

Customer Question

I HAVE ABOUT 25 PIECES OF SMALL ROSEVILLE POTTERY AND VAN BRIGGLE AND CATALINA AND SOME McCoy AND OTHER ANONYMOUS OLDER PIECES, SOME INDIAN POTTERY,TOO. . THEY LOOK LOVELY TOGETHER IN A OLD OAK GLASS CASE ..
I AM GETTING FAIRLY SENIOR NOW, AND THOUGH I ENJOY HAVING THEM, IT MAY BE TIME TO SELL THEM , PERHAPS ON E bAY?? I HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW TO DO THIS AND HOW TO PRICE THEM. MOST OF THE PIECES COST IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 80 TO 125 DOLLARS WHEN I WAS COLLLECTING YEARS AGO.
HAVE YOU ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME ? THANK YOU, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Elizabeth,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with this.

Selling on Ebay is a good idea, but it is important to educate yourself first. You can log onto Ebay and search for pieces identical to yours. Check the completed auctions to see what they are currently selling for. You can also use Google to search sales results for each item. There are also sites that feature price guides - I know there's one for Roseville pottery.

You may want to subscribe to a service like Worthpoint.com, which publishes auction results and which will charge you by the month, so you can research your things and cancel when you're done.

Once you know the auction (not retail ) value of your items, photograph and list each one, either as an auction or as a fixed price sale, on Ebay.

You could also avoid Ebay's fees and shipping your items by selling locally. You can list them on craigslist.com (free) or in your local paper. You could post a notice on the bulletin board in your local supermarket or in the art department at a local college.

If none of that works for you, there's always a local auction house.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Elizabeth.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does affect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

Please keep in mind I am only compensated by the site for my answer if you rate me positively.

You do that immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only compensated when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.