rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Not sure where to upload photos of a Chair & a Hutch

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like to know about this chair.- its value. It was restored by my father. Not sure if it an Ames Chair. Purchased I believe in NYC in 1960's
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This chair is called THE CHAIR and was made by Hans Wegner for Johannes Hansen of Denmark circa 1949 through 1960*. This chair has a value of $700.00 us dollars.

If you have another item, please start a new question with photos.

If we are done with this piece, please click the stars to rate and close the question.

*This style of chair was also made by PP Mobler and also reproduced by the Melbourne based furniture maker Danish Deluxe ( Australia) in teak and blackwood from the mid-sixties until 1972. I believe yours is a Hans Wegner piece.