Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Have a beautiful silver jewellery box, 't know the correct

Customer Question

Have a beautiful silver jewellery box , don't know the correct way to describe it but it has roses, leaves and what look like waves on the lid, definite feet and the initials JB inside one of the legs. Is about 4 inches wide and about 2-1/2 inches high. Would love to know its history and its value please.
Kaye
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Believe it was given to my mother by a lady who migrated to Australia from Britain in the early 1960's. The roses and leaves are at the top of the lid and the cresting waves are at the bottom. Cannot see any silver marks anywhere, just the initials on the inside of the leg. If I could figure out how to do it I would send you a photo! Real technophobe, me!
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question. There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, I received your note thanking me for giving you the opportunity to answer my question but unfortunately I have still not received the answer. Could you please check on this for me? I emailed the photographs to you and haven't heard anything since. Thank you.
xxxx xxxxxxx
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hey Kaye,

I never did receive those photos of the box. Would you be able to resend?

Thanks,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,
I'm sorry I've given you so much extra work chasing me up. As I mentioned I am not hugely talented with computers so am going to have to get a friend to help me send the photos. They will come! Not today, I fear. The weather is appalling, low snow and torrential rain all night so don't think I will go anywhere today but will get onto it as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Kaye
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem at all Kaye.

Again please send at your convenience.

Thanks,

Frank