rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I recently bought an old cottage & in it was a framed

Customer Question

I recently bought an old cottage & in it was a framed portrait of a painting by Sandro Botticelli - Man in a red Hat 1485. Would it be valuable? I am sure it is a reprint but I haven't talen the framed picture apart
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a print of a very famous painting by Botticelli in 1485, original is in a museum. This is the same artist that painted the even more famous painting The Birth of Venus. While the print itself is probably from the 1920's through 1940's, it does not have much more than a $20 or $30 us dollar value.

Please do click the stars to rate and to close the question.