rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I HAVE A MEISSEN PORCELAN HORSE CARRIAGE THAT COULD BE A

Customer Question

I HAVE A MEISSEN PORCELAN HORSE CARRIAGE THAT COULD BE A DRESDEN KNOCK OFF FROM 1700'S.........HOW DO I GET AN APPRASAL AND WHERE TO GO TO SELL IT..............I'M IN lOS ANGELES XXXXXXX..............ITS A CARRIAGE WITH A SLED..NOT WHEELS AND IS 20 INCHES LONG WITH SWORD X MARKINGS.......XXX XXXX BURT
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Hello Burt!

The best thing to do here is to let me see this piece and the markings. The visual clues there will be my guide to authenticity.

You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.

You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FOR RAREWARES IN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just sent out a few pics ...let me know if you got them...........
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

no, the photos are not there if you tried the paper clip or add files buttons. if you emailed, it can take a few hours for them to get forwarded to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU,, THEN WHO IS THIS MADE BY?? I HADNUMEROUS PEOPLE SAY ITS MEISSEN AND ONE PERSON SAID IT WAS A EARLY DRESDEN WHO COPIED MEISSEN WHICH MAKES IT MORE VALUABLE.......I DONT HAVE A CLUE ON THIS ...ANYONE I SHOULD CONTACT OR LOOK UP ONLINE?? ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL!! THANK YOU!!
Burt
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I need to see photos of the item and the mark before I can evaluate for you. I have not received any photos yet and there are none here in the chat area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did !! im getting vey upset ,,,somebody better call me asap!
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I understand that you are upset, I would be too. I use this site just like you do, so I have no access to your account or information in order to figure out what happened. I'll try to help and if trying again and rechecking info sent doesn't work, then you should contact customer service.
What method did you use to send the pictures? Here are the instructions once again so that you can compare what you sent to what I have here.
Email:***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line. Should only take 4 to 6 hours for them to forward to me depending on site volume.
In the chat box: paper clip icon or ADD FILES button (depending on which net browser you use). Works best on desktop computers.
Again, my apologies for the frustration.