Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

I have a crystal chandelier in deep navy blue and clear

Customer Question

I have a crystal chandelier in deep navy blue and clear crystal with 3 lights and 24K gold plated trimings. Working condition and perfect status.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Are there any maker names on this and how long have you owned it?
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Nora,
I am sorry I did not respond to your questions before, but I had personal problems to take care of.In relation to your question about a name or a signature on the chandelier, there are no visible names or signatures that I can see.I am also attaching 3 photos of the chandelier, one full view and two close ups to see finer detail. Please let me know in case you can't see them.I have also to inform you that the blue crystal sphere near the upper end of the chandelier is sightly broken on the upper side of the ball where the hole through which the assembly rod passes by. Also one of the lamp shades is slightly broken on the lower edge where the holding screws attach to the shade. None of the two broken pieces are visible, but you should know so that your appraisal reflects these conditions.I apologize again for the delay and expect to hear from you soon.Best regardsEmilio
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Nora, take your time.I wait for your answer.Emilio
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I am not able to find a match to your chandelier.

I will opt-out here and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer, they will respond to you here. You do not need to re-post your question.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Nora. I'll be here.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has been now well past 24 hs since you opted out and so far nobody else has come up with an answer. What am I supposed to do now?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No response from the new expert and it is almost 48 hours now.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nora,Please respond. You opted out and submitted my question to other experts. Nobody has responded and a week has passed by.
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Your question has been open and visible to all the experts since I opted out on Feb 1st. If someone does know the answer they will post a response here.

~Nora

Expert:  Steven-R replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to help. The only companies, to my knowledge, who crafted cahndeliers such as yours were located in either France or Italy in the mid to late 20th century. Few are ever marked, unfortunately, but if they are they are generally marked on the inside of the cup mount which is next to the ceiling. Chandeliers are made by scores of private companies and generally marketed under a particular brand name--but the overall quality looks to be good and the condition, very good.

At present, the typical secondary market retail range is from $850 to $1,500 pending demand at any given time. Based purely on the form, I would feel it is most likely at least made like, if not by, Venini of Italy.

I hope this helps and if I can do anything more, please just ask.

With kind regards,

Steve

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you Steven, I really appreciate your help. I am going to inspect the cup mount to find out if there are any marks in there. It's a shame you responded until today since just a couple of days ago we moved the chandelier from one room to the next and it would have been much easier to check that piece when the chandelier was down.Best regardsEmilio
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Steven,I have a doubt in relation to the dates you mention, since this chandelier has been in my family since the mid 1940's and it was supposed to be at least 50+ years old when it was acquired. What do you think?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello Steven,No response from you yet? About my last posting...Please respond. Thank you
Expert:  Steven-R replied 9 months ago.

My apology for the delay...the recent foul weather disrupted my internet for the past several days! It is difficult to date an item like that from an image, and the keys to look for are the markings under the cap and the type of light sockets and wiring used--in the 1940s, the wire would have been either silk or asbestos covered braid as very few things like that had plastic or rubberized coatings, which came along more in the late 1950s. The sockets themselves would be porcelain or bakelite in the 1940s, whereas things after the 1950s would be aluminum for the most part or on better grade pieces, copper. If you can provide a few more details, I will do all I can to assist further!