Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a exquisitely carved rosewood & console with marble

Customer Question

I have a exquisitely carved rosewood white & gray console with marble top which has been in the family for over 100 years. It is supposed to be 200+ years old. My mother said it was Louis XIV or XV style, I am not sure which.
We also have 4 chairs of similar age and style and a 3 light crystal (blue and clear) chandelier .
How do I get an honest appraisal?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one item or matched set per question here. I would be happy to help with the table in the attached photo.
At your convenience, please send more photos - details of the carving and some well-lit image of the underside so I can see the joinery and construction.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora