Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have two 50 to 60 era vintage cherub lamps. I do have

Customer Question

I have two 50 to 60 era vintage cherub lamps. I do have pictures I can send to show you. The cherubs are holding up a venetian glass ball. These lamps also have ornate brass
and marble stands. Very movie star glamour era and certainly a one of kind. There Lamp shades on the lamps but these are not the originals, as they were old, stained and ripped
so I took them off. The original lamp shades were more of a barrel shape and a bit on the large side. My mother had these in her house back in the 60's but I am not sure were she got them and if there were only from the 60era. Is it possible they were also from the 50s time? I know they were expensive because my mother had many items that would have been considered the best and most expensive at that time... she could afford it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent you two photos. One up close to see the details of the cherub and the other one of the two lamps in full. Can you please let me know if in fact you did receive them. Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Have you checked on these for any maker marks or stamps?
At your convenience, please send a close-up of the glass portion of a lamp as well as a clear in-focus image of the plug-in end of the electrical cord that goes into to the wall socket.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora, I have taken a few more pictures of the lamp and am about to include them for your viewing. No1# ***** ***** venetian glass ball, unfortunately you can't see the hint of copper sparkling in this glass ball but it is quite apparent to the eye. The second picture I sent you is of the plug you asked me to send and this lamp had a switch for turning on and off as well. The third picture is of the top of the lamp , the finding. I wasn't sure if this would help you or not, but sent it anyway. I also took a closer picture of the brass metal workings in the base and the stand to show you the intricate details in the forth picture I sent you. And last but not least I sent you a picture of the underside of the base... covered in a felt but no marks, signatures or anything to indicate anything about the year or the history. Hopefully this is all the information you will need but if there is anything else to help you with, please let me know. looking forward to hearing what your expertise option will be.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the additional images.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I am still waiting to hear what your answer will be. I paid $56.00 USD yesterday, and have tried to give you as much information as I could . I still have not heard anything back from you and was wondering when I might hear what your expertise option might be, I would hate to think I have paid all this money and this is all I get. Please respond ASAP, I am here at my computer waiting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't really matter to me how I get my response, but to be honest so far I am not AT ALL happy with this service. I paid what was asked of me and so far I have had no response as to what I own or what it is worth. To be honest I would like my money back and I will proceed in another direction ! If Nora didn't have any idea of what she was evaluating, she should have just said so. I provided her with pictures she asked for and have heard nothing. I am so disappointed in this service, and want my money back... now . Please respond ASAP..... I can not sit at this computer for much longer !!!!!! :(
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

My sincerest apologies. I am handling a very sudden medical emergency in my family. I will release your question and open it again to all the experts. They are beautiful, elegant lamps, but I must attend to family duties and I am very sorry that you have been waiting.

If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for your difficulties but I still had to pay USD money to get the answers. So far I have not received this and to be honest I have lost my faith in the service this web site is suppose to offer. I will seek the information elsewhere but feel the returning of my money most important at this point. Shall I contact my Visa card and cancel this transaction or just refunded the money back to my card ???? Please respond ASAP. Thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. If you are on a phone please make sure you are logged into the justanswer website, so you can see the complete answer. You cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails, communication is done through this venue.
.
The Lamps were produced by the Miller Lamp Manufacturer,Chicago Illinois 1950's, the added lamp shades were imported from Italy, Venetian Glass, the lamps are in great condition and as such they have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $425.00-450.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online.
There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items.
There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane.
There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay.
All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda