Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am near Houston, Tx; I have 2 paintings that were done on

Customer Question

Hello... My name is***** am near Houston, Tx; I have 2 paintings that were done on approx. an 8x11 by a German Prisoner during WWII when my father's Army Company was in charge of the prison that some of the SS Officers were awaiting trials for the Holocaust; This officer painted for my dad for trade of cigarettes and Chocolate. I am curious if they are of any value to maybe be put on display in a museum. My dad is 96 and still living, but has dementia and can't remember the name of the prison that the U.S. took over. He was in Rhineland Central Europe; 94 2nd Field Artillery Batalion.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora~
Thank you for the request here.
At your convenience, please send photos.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora