Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have what I believe to be an early breechcloth. It is thin

Customer Question

I have what I believe to be an early breechcloth. It is thin beaded leather and is colored with a red dye. Beading is around the perimeter and is used horizontally in single rows about 2" apart. Shells are also used in three rows. The item is about 16-1/2" top to bottom, 16" across the top edge, and 9" across the bottom edge. There are thin leather straps at both sides of the top edge.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I see you are still awaiting a response to your question here.
I can refer you to some auction houses who specialize in Native American and Tribal Arts.
~OR~
I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee. Opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had trouble with this site, in that I could not post more pictures. I think I want to back out and get a refund.
Thank you,
Carl