Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 5 silver fiddle back spoons, the hallmarks are quite

Customer Question

I have 5 silver fiddle back spoons, the hallmarks are quite small and difficult to read. There is a small square inside which appears to be JB under which is AJ , on the side of the square is the letter B , the rest of the hallmark consists of an offset triangle next is a broken edged rectangle next to that is a flattened corner rectangle and the last mark is a circle. Unfortunately the symbols inside these are tiny and even with a magnifying glass are impossible to read, please HELP solve makers mystery
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There~

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.

At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.

Sincerely,

Nora