Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I bought a porcelien doll yesterday but can only read F9 on

Customer Question

I bought a porcelien doll yesterday but can only read F9 on the back of head due to hair covering the rest of letters, any idea??
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached the photos, please let me know if you have received them
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images.

Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I am not able to identify the maker of your contemporary porcelain doll.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.
My name is Glenda,
I will be glad to help you today.
This doll is from the 20thC, probably the 70-80's but without the rest of the wording on the back of her neck there is no way to know who made this. You will need to pull the hair up to see what this says.
Glenda