rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a canvas print very old of a woman sitting in a chair

Customer Question

I have a canvas print very old of a woman sitting in a chair with a book in lap a child standing beside her holding a kitten
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There~

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.

What is the size?

At your convenience, please send more clear, in-focus well-lit photos.

A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame if any), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature and/or small print, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no signature my camera is not that good license is cracked... I will try to use a friends phone later. it says Bufford oil on bottom right of canvas. and the other side,,,I cant make out all of it but it says ? to the Christian at work them theres a city name then New york
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Ive sent the pics surely you can tell me about this picture....I know it rare because Ive looked everywhere on the net to no avail however I have seen it before but where I cant recall....plz help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is approx. 14 by 17
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a chromolithograph print by J.H Bufford and Sons, New York, 1881. They were manufacturers of novelties and prints in fine arts first in Boston, then New York and Chicago. This is not a reproduction of a famous piece of art. This print company made their own art in house and then printed it as postcards and prints. This piece has a value of $35.00 us dollars.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
I see that you have read my answer.
Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.