Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraisals
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have sterling china east Liverpool ohio usa 9 1/2" divided

Customer Question

I have sterling china east Liverpool ohio usa 9 1/2" divided blue willow grill plates I think their code was gpm1 what is their value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.
I am not sure what you mean by "sterling china." Does it mean they have silver rims?
Kind regards,
Doris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Sterling China Company was established by B.E. Allen in 1917 with a factory in Wellsville, OH and later had offices in East Liverpool, OH. In the early years production consisted of small items such as cups, bowls, coffee mugs, ashtrays, etc. as the years went by new wares, shapes and designs were added to the line.
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding. The "Sterling" was not capitalized.
Are you asking about the value of one 9.5" divided grill plate in the Blue Willow pattern by the Sterling China Co.?
Kind regards,
Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
The Sterling China Co of East Liverpool, Ohio, was established in 1917.
In the 1950s the firm acquired several designs, patterns, series and lines from Scammel China Co, Iroquois China Co and others.
If you are asking for the value of one 9.5" divided grill plate in the Blue Willow pattern by Sterling China Co, its retail value is $20 assuming like new condition.
If the value of one divided grill plate is not what you are asking for, please let me know.
A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.
I hope I have helped you.
If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.
All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.
I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.
All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.
Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.
Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.
Kind regards.
Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Doris