Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an 8"x10" oil painting by Ruele P. Tolman, called

Customer Question

I have an 8"x10" oil painting by Ruele P. Tolman, called "Morning on the River", Painted in 1926. This painting was paired at some later date (I think the 60's) with another artist's work. I have been unable to idientify this painter (Oil, done in a rather impressionistic style). He used some vibrant colors as opposed to the very subtle colors of the Tolman work. They are both the same size. The second painting with the more vibrant colors is signed with a brand of three initials. Looks like A H circled by a G. I have been totally unable to find anything on this artist and I would like to know if there is any value to these two paintings. They are in fair condition. The Tolman needs cleaning. The other one may be a little newer, it is a cleaner looking painting.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a more clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora