Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an oil painting from the 1800's large tree on left

Customer Question

I have an oil painting from the 1800's large tree on left side has field of flowers in front five cottages hillside behind. I cant really read the writing I t is C. Neo g idy maybe L. and the rest is in frame work don't want to remove it a special person would haveto do that. Glenda emert
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There~

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.

What is the size?

At your convenience, please send photos.

A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature that is available, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.

When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.

Sincerely,

Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I received your images and thank you for your patience.
You have a vintage framed color printed reproduction of a painting by Laszlo Neogrady (1896 - 1962) with texturized surface made to appear like an original painting. If you zoom the image of the signature you provided for me, you will see a dot matrix pattern on the surface that is indicative of machine printing. It was common throughout the 20th century for publishers to print images of paintings and sell them as decorative wall art through decorator, furniture and framing shops.
On today's market, this could sell for a high of $40 - $60. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $100. His original paintings sell for a high average of $5000 - $6000 at auction.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. The velvet tapestry question is still unrated, and I would really appreciate it if you could please leave a rating for my services.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora