Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a lidded brass mug or container or pitcher with a

Customer Question

I have a lidded brass mug or container or pitcher with a brass Torch? or stick with possibly charcoal at one end. At the other end is a handle in the shape of a sailing ship. Guesses as to what it is have been a fuel container with a torch, or a drinking mug with the "stick" heated and then kept inside to keep a the drink warm.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't do photos. I'm an 84-year -old man living in a retirement community, and barely computer literate. I asked about the item because a neighbor brought over the item in question and wondered if i had any idea what it it. I am not interested in "membership" in Just Ask or pursuing the query further. Just take the $5, send me your best guess and then lets drop the whole thing. OK??
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. Experts do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. For such queries, please email***@******.***
I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora