Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have what appear to be Delft candlesticks with the

Customer Question

I have what appear to be Delft candlesticks with the markings VR 9901 on the bottom of each. The markings are underlined and could also be LR (underscore) 990/1. Can you tell me anything about this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more clear in focus photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The candle
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this signature for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** mark on the bottom is similar to the one used by J. N. Recum Grunstadt, Germany. They were known for their faïence pottery (/faɪˈɑːns/ or /feɪ-/; French: [fajɑ̃s]) is the conventional name in English for fine tin-glazed pottery on a delicate pale buff earthenware body. There are no examples of their work currently on the market and little or no collector base. So I will give you a value based on what similar candlesticks are selling for: $75.00 to $100.00