Jon
Jon, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am an Expert in antique firearm appraisals. I am a collector of antiques. A trained gunsmith and firearms instructor.
66248244

I have an antique game table that swivels open to expose a

Customer Question

I have an antique game table that swivels open to expose a secret compartment for games etc. The top swivels closed to use as a table. Can I send you a picture for an appraisel?
Linda
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi Linda,

My name is Jon. I will do my best to help. Game tables (or sometimes called Tea tables) like this were made in the early to mid 1800's. Yours appears to be in pretty nice condition and made of Mahogany. If it is all original, the retail value would be in the $350 to $500 range. The more ornate examples bring a bit more. Although this one in not super ornate, it is still a bit more fancy than many that were produced. Very nice piece. If I can provided any additional information please let me know.

Have a great day,

Jon