Steven-R
Steven-R, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  I am a retired Major, US Army, and an antiques and collectibles consultant based on the east coast.
74160645

Gladys Owen Yurong Street, Kowloon signed price/value

Customer Question

Gladys Mary Owen
Yurong Street, Kowloon signed price/value
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
appears to be a water painting in colour/original and framed - very good condition/signed - approx. 60cm by 40 cm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ITS ACTUALLY named "Haiphong Road" Kowloon
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am pleased to assist you with your art. Your artist, who is listed and who lived from 1889-1960 was very well known and respected for her watercolors. Although valued in the $300 to $500 range, many works in the past few years have sold on the open market in the $100-300 range. The market is a bit up and down, and has been for a few years, but in the long term her works should be relatively stable and worth holding on to. You have one of the larger examples, by the way, as most are about half those dimensions--so that will help retail value quite a bit.

If I can be of further assistance on this topic in any manner, please just ask--my goal is to provide accurate and prompt information back to you in a professional manner.

Anytime I can help you out on any other topic, just let me know--you can request me by simply putting my name at the beginning of a posted question.

Please take a minute to rate my answer and fill out any surveys the site sends to you as that is how we are evaluated for service and also credited for our time and effort.

Have a blessed day!

With kind regards,
Steve

Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.

If selling, you may wish to try the classified forums on a site like Askart.com, which tend to have a wide array of potential buyers.