Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am at least the third generation owner of two matching

Customer Question

I am at least the third generation owner of two matching plates: majolica in style,aqua, violet leaves in green, aqua flowers, aqua wheat, brown rim, "S" impressed in blue under the glaze. They came to me through my English family. Could they be Salopian? I have been searching for information. Have not found much that resembles these with this mark.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a photo of the plates and any marks on the bottom of them. Majolica could not be Salopian-Salopian was printed then colored transferware. You can add pictures by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. (please do not use a flash and back up a bit to get clear pics of the marks)