Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

This question is S., Is this bright cut Sterling lettuce

Customer Question

This question is for Robert S. Hi, Robert, Is this bright cut Sterling lettuce server? by Ward & Bartholomew? Looks like a W and a B or W and R. The mark between the initials look like a funny w in some views and like an animal( upside down rooster.?)
anyway the mark isn't very clear. I wouldn't think this fork was any earlier than mid 19th century but can't find anything closer than Ward & Bartholomew for potential makers. Can you fill me in, please? Thank you , Anne B.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope this isn't another one of those tedious searches I send you on sometimes. The fork is 9 4/8" x 1 5/8".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For Robert S. Hi Robert, well I just found the fork. It's Wood and Hughes Victoria No. 80.If you haven't started work on it, you may stop. I'll be sending something else soon.Thank you, Anne
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Glad you were able to track this down. And you did so before I had a chance to see your question, so no problem this end.

This Q will stay open indefinitely so you'll be able to add another item here whenever you are ready.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** do.Anne
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!