Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have recently acquired monkey band musicians and have not

Customer Question

I have recently acquired monkey band musicians and have not been able to place them in a specific category. They are 12" high, with very delicately painted faces,
The paint is a ceramic glaze. They are in excellent condition and i would guess they are from the 1930s. They look very Dresden or Sitzendorf but the base and costume is not 100% consistent with those. The instruments are gilded, a cello, drummer, and horn player.
Based on the hundreds of images I've poured over and having not found any like mine, I am thinking they are a rare type...please advise. I have pics.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Steven-R replied 1 year ago.

In all candor, the color scheme on them looks more like oriental wares made in the mid to late 20th century...could you forward an image of the base of one, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have added the images of the bases. Please give an appraisal value. I paid $25. for all and would like to at least make my money back. With the slight surface crackling consistent with age, i would not guess late 20th century. Please advise. Thanks