rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Cutlery reads "star" & Bro. A1

Customer Question

Cutlery reads "star"Rogers & Bro. A1
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

You added a zip file but it only contains a file hierarchy and no viewable pictures.

I will try without the photos. Rogers & Bro with a star in the front indicates Rogers of Waterbury, CT (1858-1976). Goods marked with Rogers & Bro were considered second quality items because they are silver plated. The A1 mark is the grade of silver plate used in this cutlery. A set of R&B silver plated cutlery has a general value of $30.00 for a set of under 50 pieces.

You can try again to add photos if you would like me to date the set and determine pattern.You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer.

You can also email pictures to***@******.*** and put FOR RAREWARES IN ANTIQUES in the subject line so that they will get forwarded to me. This method takes a bit longer, so thank you in advance for some patience.

If I have answered to your satisfaction on this item without more photos, then please click the stars to close the question.