Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a Toledo meat scale from 1947. I also have a Muggsy

Customer Question

I have a Toledo meat scale from 1947. I also have a Muggsy USA cookie jar, that has 14 karat gold and flowers on the body I was told it was one of the first original cookie jars made by muggsy. I would like to know how much they are worth or any information on them. thank you Joanna
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the pieces as well as the maker's markings you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for sending over those photos. I received them just this morning.
Your 1947 electric Toledo Guardian Duplex Grocery Scale would have a current resale value of 125-175USD in excellent working condition.
Your Muggsy cookie jar would have been produced by Shawnee Pottery in the late 1940's. The Muggsy pattern became extremely popular and also spawned salt and pepper shakers to go along with the cookie jar. In excellent condition your vintage Muggsy cookie jar depicting the dog with a toothache, hand painted with floral design and gold trim would have a retail antique shop value of 1800-2000USD.
In the current market if you tried to sell the cookie jar yourself, a realistic fair market value would be closer to 600-850USD assuming the piece is in tip top shape. Any cracks, chips or damage would detract from the resale value.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.