Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

How much is a painting by artist worth? I have a painting of

Customer Question

how much is a painting by artist Cooper worth? I have a painting of an elephant, it is an 11.5" x 15" oil painting on canvas. the painting is textured and raised.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send more clear, in-focus photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to get some better pictures to you this weekend... Thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached 3 more photos.. hope this helps. I'll go take a photo of the back and a close up of the signature in the next few minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are a few more photos. I believe I bought this painting in the mid eighties.. let me know if you need any additional info.. thanks.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the images.
Please allow me some time to look these over for you.
~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nora.. haven't heard from you for a few days.. do you need any additional information from me... or just more time.... thanks..
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There,
I have not found a match to this artist for you.
I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.
I will not be able to respond back after opting-out.
I do hope you find the information that you seek.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard from anyone since 8/11/15... I would like my money refunded... went to do the online survey which had someone else's name on it.. they have not responded... Nora was very pleasant to work with